Re: alternator conversion help

To: Eric Frisbee <efris@qwest.net>, SLBESQ@aol.com,
Subject: Re: alternator conversion help
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:55:28 -0800 (PST)
The single wire alternator also has a voltage regulator, but it's
internal, not external.  They do the same thing.

You should not hook at 60+ amp alternator to your stock wiring.  If the
load never exceeds 30 amps, you'll be safe.  But when it does, you'll
blow your fuse, or worse if for some reason the fuse doesn't blow.

I had an electric radiator fan, directly wired to the battery, and a
stereo.  I turned on the electric fan, stereo, lights, wipers and
heater and drew more than 30 amps.  With your wiring, I'd blow the
fuse.

=====