Re: Chandler Parade Details - DEC 1st 4:00pm

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chandler Parade Details - DEC 1st 4:00pm
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:22:28 -0600
[Note reply was only sent to the Roadster List]

Chris,

I would expect to find a regulator with six blade connections
on the '66 roadster (almost all of the roadster used the
same regulator).

Only time I remember seeing the four terminal regulators are
on the really early GENERATOR fitted vehicles. Been a while
since I've seen one.

The six bladed regulators are very common across all the
Datsun's of that time period. The roadster didn't have
a "ALT" lamp like the 410/411 & 510's of the period,
yet used the same voltage regulator. A portion of the
regulator (coil driven by the "N" winding) isn't really
used by the roadster!

Often overlooked: the voltage regulator is to just
turn the field winding on and off. So the regulator only
handles a few amps of current. Just a on/off function
depending on the battery voltage.

What service manual are you using?

Cheers,

Tom Walter