OT: New Aussie V8 "Bullet Roadster"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT: New Aussie V8 "Bullet Roadster"
From: Ken.Smart@csiro.au
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:01:50 +1100
Hi,
I saw a story on the this car on the TV this morning. They are made in
Queensland, look a bit like a Miata as they use Miata doors and firewall.
They look pritty wild performance wise, fibreglass body panels etc.
This quote from their web site...

"Finally an affordable convertible sports car that boasts incredible
handling, over 400hp of tractable power and drop dead looks. Its name, the
"Bullet Roadster". Power is supplied by the world famous Lexus V8,
performance enhanced and tuned to Bullet specifications. The driveline is
bullet proof and includes a transmission designed to handle V8 torque.
Differentials are independant LSD for ultimate traction. Body curves
compliment the functional convertible body shell. "
Bullet Roadster Quad Cam V8
300hp from our normally aspirated Quad cam 4000cc V8

Roadster GT
400hp from our normally aspirated individual throttle bodied Quad cam 4000cc
V8

Roadster SS (Special, Supercharged)
430hp make this one of the quickest production cars in the world
Package includes Worlds best screw type manifold mounted supercharger tuned
exhuast system, adjustable Pro sport suspension, special badging, carbon
fibre goodies, Brembo brakes and extra large rotors"

<http://www.bullet.ion.tm/>
I'm sure the special badging alone is worth the cost.
About $70k AUD not cheap but I guess they are hand built.
$90k AUD for the super charged version.
Comes with a driving course so you can keep it on the road!

Ken Smart
67.5 sr20de (looking for new sr20de or maybe Lexus V8)
Sydney Australia