Re: 13" wheels

To: Andy Cost <andycost@att.net>
Subject: Re: 13" wheels
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:39:14 -0800 (PST)
With 3" offset and the cantelever slicks you get
rubbing on wheel lock going left and right. I run R33
in front and R45 in rear most of the time. On concrete
I'll get 50-80 runs or so on the front with NO MORE
THAN 1.5 deg neg camber on a concrete surface. Any
more than that and the inside edge goes away after
about 30 runs. This is with 1/8 Total Toe out on the
front, Nismo racing springs and GOOD wheel bearings.
Check your wheel bearings after every other event. The
extra strain the slicks put on the car is incredible.
Also, make sure to check the alignment bolts on the
upper a-arms. I put bolts through with mylock nuts on
the abckside to keep them inplace. I use washers for
spaces and not the little slip in shims. If you are
racing on asphalt, I recommend going to 1 deg neg
camber. this gets the tire down on the ground earlier
into the corner to allow more entry speed. If the
track is fast and loose, I'll take off the front sway
bar to get the rear to be a little happy. If it is
tight, I'll put the front bar on and make sure the
rear bar is tight. Makes the car tight and it wants to
push a little but the rear end grabs very hard coming
out of corners.

Just some random thoughts.

Don Miller
68 turbo V-6