Re: Fairlady

To: <d.scharn@heel.azn.nl>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fairlady
From: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:58:59 +0100
Hi Dick,
I haven't seen the car, but 15000 Euro is not too much for what I
believe.
You can of course buy much cheaper cars in the States, but nearly
every single part has to be ordered at the vendors in the US.
In the States they only have costs for shipping through the country,
here in Europe we have to pay european community import taxes
(+/-3.5%) of the amount, shipping included. And on this amount you
have to pay dutch VAT.
EX: Part for                          100US$
        shipping                         30US$
        total                              130US$
        Taxes 3.5%                     4.55US$
        total                               134.55US$
        VAT21% in Belgium      28.26$
        Total                              162.81US$ or +/- 407 Gulden

And this is only an exemple for a 100$ part, don't ask me what I paid
for my new interior kit!
You should ask the dealer to go with the car to the "auto keuring" to
see if everything is OK with the suspension parts, like upper & lower
ball joints, shocks, brakes etc.
You should do a test drive to check the gearbox, shifting, noises.
Check the windshield for cracks as the part is NLA through Nissan
Europe (I know what I'm talking about as I am a Nissan Dealer) and not
available as aftermarket in Europe. What means.....get them through
the US vendors!

But all bad things beside, go for it!

As a Nissan dealer your vendor was able to order all new Nissan parts
to dealer conditions 16 years ago. So normaly the car has to be very
close to stock.

If you need more info, ask the list or email me
Chris - The Belgian Roadster
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1424148&a=10670695&f=0

PS: What year is the roadster? Try to get the VIN-number, starting
with SPL311, color etc. Try to post some pictures on a website. You
can send it to me and I'll post it. Do not attache it to the list
mailing as it will not work! That way we can see what is stock or what
has been modified.

-----UrsprC<ngliche Nachricht-----