Fairlady

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fairlady
From: d.scharn@heel.azn.nl
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:38:06 +0100
Hi everyone!
Adam Bradley suggested that i should try this mailing list to gain
information about bying one... a Datsun Roadster.
Well i ran in to a truly beautiful some weeks ago and immediately fell in
love (which by the way is the most stupid thing to do, according to a
collegue) with it. I had never seen a Datsun Fairlady before! The books i
read on it (her?) since then never seemed to really appreciate her very much,
but i'm writing from the Netherlands and very few roadsters were shipped over
here!

My questions are:
1. Should i buy it? To be precise, the owner (a Nissan dealer) has had her in
his showroom for a long time (16 years) without anyone being seriously
interested (until i came in the picture, of course). Every year he drove to
an important and well-appreciated oldtimer concourse to show off.
I tried the engine in the showroom and it started immediately!
It looks fabulous. The price 34.000 guilders (about 15.000 euros and 13.000
dollars!). I think it is expensive, but would it be a good price for this one?
2. The second question would be where to find spare parts! As far as i know,
there is no club in Holland, but there could be one in Belgium (Chris?) or in
our surroundings.
3. Are there owners in the Netherlands or Belgium who can comment on that?

Thank you all in advance,

Dick Scharn
Possible future owner of this 1600 '67 (not 67.5).
Nijmegen, The Netherlands