Re: Rear spoiler for custom

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>,
Subject: Re: Rear spoiler for custom
From: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:57:29 -0800
I like it, but as you say it can sure disappear.  I am thinking it is too
small to be very effective.  Have you considered carrying the rear panel up
to the tops of the fins?  If your rear pan went up to the top of the fins &
straight across it would give slightly more presence to the rear of the car
& a whole lot more 'wing' surface area.  Maybe too much surface area, but
you could reduce it by cutting out D-A-T-S-U-N across the 'wing'

On second thought maybe that will produce more drag than actual downforce as
you would be creating a pocket.  Oh well, it's a thought anyway.

I am glad to see you are attaching to the car body rather than the trunk lid
which flexes on it squishy rubber molding.

George M (Pre-Z)