Re: Alternator move

To: Dennis Louthan <dennisl@cvinn.com>,
Subject: Re: Alternator move
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:20:09 -0800 (PST)
I installed a GM alternator and moved it to the passenger side.  Right
now it has an annoying vibration at specific RPMs.  I used the original
smog pump spacers in series along with some other spacers to push the
smog pump triangle bracket forward.  If I had to do it all over again
I'd get a non-smog water pump and pully, fan, shroud, and crankshaft
pulley so it didn't have to sit so far forward.  Now I've got to figure
out some way to isolate the alternator (rubber washers?) so the
vibration isn't transmitted through the car.

--- Dennis Louthan <dennisl@cvinn.com> wrote:
> Has anyone documented moving the alternator on
> a 1600. I've found info on 2000's, or is it the same
> procedure.
>
> Dennis
> Minden,NV
> '68 1600