RE: bolt pattern

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>,
Subject: RE: bolt pattern
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:35:17 -0800 (PST)
Right you are Phil.  I hope I will have good news on
this front by the weekend.  I obtained some stock
tubing that is roughly 11/16 ID & 3/4 OD that should
work perfectly.  I tried a number of methods for
"chopping" into 7/16" pieces which should make great
"sleeves" for off the shelf "Pep Boys" type thru the
rim Mag Wheel type 7/16 lug nuts.  A trial set is
riding on my '68 2000 with Z wheels and they work
fine.

I had to resort to getting a machine shop to chop them
because I was wearing out band saw blades, and an
abraisive wheel made too ragged a cut.  I should have
them back soon, and will offer them to the list at
cost.  I will see how far these go, and try to do it
again if there is large demand.

Several sets are already spoken for, so it wuill be
first come.  Let's wait for feedback from the users 2C
if i need to change specs or something.

Sorry for the delay, but, I hate to rush this guy, who
has helped me in the R&D.

A short term fix is to center the wheels with 3
regular lug nuts, them install your mag nuts one at a
time while removing the centering tapered nuts.
TORQUE!

Mike Harper
SEROC
'66 1600 (Jessie)