Re: Radiator-RIP

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator-RIP
From: weisner <"weisner@seidata.com"@seidata.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:40:03 -0800
Fred,
        My 2000 parts book is missing that page. my 1500 and 1600
books show the same rad for both versions. I would GUESS that the
rad's are the same but the complete assemblys are different because
of the shroud. The radiator is shifted from right to left to clear
the steering box. I have never noticed any difference, but I have
never looked either.
        Kurt Weisner
        65, 68, 69 RHD's

Fred Schroeder wrote:

> The radiator died on my '70 2000.  The header cracked and the rad shop
> say it can't be fixed.  Nissan still lists the right drive version.
> Does anyone know what the differences are between left and right drive
> radiators?  Can the core from the right be used on the left?  The tanks
> are are OK on mine so they could be changed.
>
> Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with?
>
> Any suggestions on substitutions?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Fred Schroeder