Re: 260Z Roadster - why not a 240 or 280?

To: Andy Klink <colonel_klink510@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 260Z Roadster - why not a 240 or 280?
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:19:34 -0400
For conversion purposes, the 280 would be the best, as it's chassis is the
strongest initially. But they'll all work more or less equally well.  As to
UK 260s being better than our 280s, well, after removing smog equipment and
heavy, 5-mph bumpers from the 280s, they're as good as the 260s.  The
reason the UK got 260s when we got 280s is because the UK didn't implement
stupid heavy bumper regs or power-robbing smog equipment, so the 2.6L
engine was still adequate to lug the unencumbered car around.
Alex

At 08:35 AM 10/3/01 -0700, Andy Klink wrote:
>Please excuse my Z ignorance, but why all this talk of 260Z coversions and not
>240 or the more available 280?  Is it a body style thing?  Rarity of the 260?
>Just curious.  Thanks
>
>=====
>Andy Klink
>Gresham, OR
>71 510 2dr
>69 510 5dr
>00 Scooby OBS
>Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any phone.
>http://phone.yahoo.com
>
>///
>///

///