Re: Turbo your U-20!!

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu, solex67@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Turbo your U-20!!
From: JCLAY510@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:34:13 EDT
My daily driver happens to be a 2002..... the engine is indeed an inline four
however it sits at an angle (like the Dodge slant six) and the head is a
crossflow design....intake on the same side as the roadster   but exhaust on
the other.  the factory 2002 turbos never made it to the US as a production
car    a few grey market have

the turbo on Mike Kerrs car is a draw through setup and the 2002's use a blow
through with fuel injection

Just a thought     go to  www.fiveoneoh.net and look at Mark Nuenke's green
510 and see I think you will agree that this setup is by far the best i've
seen for the L-series and since the int/exh ports are on the same side of the
head I think this would be awesome on  a roadster

Also on this site is Rob Fullers turboed L20 510  using a draw-through system

just a thought

Jimmy"why turbo...just add cylinders" Claypool
1971 BMW 2002
1968 2000 roadster (soon to be VG30)
1991 toyota Landcruiser (tow Vehicle)