Waterpump - again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Waterpump - again
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:24:54 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after my recent repairs/alternator relocation my water pump
started leaking, and I thought it was from the gaskets in front of and
behind the water pump spacer, so I pulled it all apart, cleaned it, and
put it back together.  Now it is leaking worse than before and I think
it's coming from the shaft, not the gaskets.  There is also a mild
clanking noise coming from the water pump.  Time for another $110 water
pump...

Anyway, I stopped by my local Nissan forklift dealer and they do have
the H20 water pump (Nissan brand) for $66, with all the correct holes
in the backing plate, and the casting is an exact match (although there
is some different writing/etc. in the casting), BUT the pulley mounts
differently, probably more like the early R16.  They offered to swap
the pressed-on piece (what do you call that?) but at $58/hour, it would
cost as much as or more than an R16 water pump.  Oh well.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend