Re: BADROC nihonmachi

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: BADROC nihonmachi
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:12:04 -0700
Hoon,

Spoke with my dentist about the J-town festival, his wife is on the
organizing committee. He says it's too late for this year, but it may be
something we could do for next year. Now keep in mind that he can't speak
for his wife, just offering an opinion. But something we can investigate.

What a kick it would be to have our roadsters carrying dignitaries in the
parade, and to put on a display of our roadsters on the side. I'll do some
inquiries.

Fred - So.SF

>Subject: BADROC nihonmachi
>Author:  Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
>Date:    7/17/2001 10:41 AM
>
>Every year, San Francisco Japantown (Nihonmachi) has an event to
>celebrate things japanese. I forget when it is but they have the
>Nihonmachi festival and the Cherry Blossom festival (I think they are
>separate events but not sure).
>
>What better than to have an old japanese car show as well. Does anyone
>know if this was ever attempted beforeor even feasible? Does anyone
>know if there are other vintage japanese car clubs around?
<snip>