RE: Rocker arm stud stripped on the head

To: "Roadster Mail List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Rocker arm stud stripped on the head
From: "Matt Silvey" <matt12@rcip.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:48:27 -0700
Robert,

You can fix it with the head in place.  You need to remove the rocker arm
assembly first.  Get a helicoil that is the correct size for the stud and
install it in the stripped hole.  Screw the stud back in and you are ready
to go.  I believe the helicoil's come with some basic instructions.  You
will want to use loctite on the helicoil and on the stud so that they do not
turn and loosen up on you in the future.

It has been ages since I have installed a helicoil so somone else may be
able to offer more complete installation assistance.

http://www.rcip.com/matt12/datsun.htm
Matt Silvey
'70 1600