Tinted Glass?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tinted Glass?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:02:46 -0700
All,

When I bought my 67 2000 back in '99, I received a brand new windshield
glass in the box for when I decided to do my restoration. Well, since I am
in the middle of taking my car apart, I decided to have a look at the glass.
Low windhshield glass is scarce, so I thought I would finally check it out.

I pulled the glass out of the box and although it is as pristine a piece of
glass as I have seen, it is also tinted. It is marked as a "firmlite", made
in Yokohama and has a label marking it as tinted. I was surprised by the
tinting, but it is not a heavy tint and I like it.

Was this an option? I don't recall seeing tinting on roadster window glass.
Maybe I just didn't notice before.

Any ideas?

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500