storage without coolant

To: Henry Bahn <hbahn@home.com>
Subject: storage without coolant
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:50:27 -0500
Hello non-Shasta Listies :-)

While all of the industrious folk have been pulling engines, doing
frame-offs, machining their own door handles and tail lights etc, I've
been sloooooowly advancing on the engine pulling, clutch changing, engine
bay painting, etc. (It's only been 7 months, no big deal, right?)
Anyway, one of the tasks is to remove the radiator, and while it's out to
get it rodded out.  My question is, can the engine sit safely with
coolant drained for a period of several. perhaps many weeks?
do I need to worry about rust forming in the water galleries & such?  Any
advice?  And what are you supposed to do with old engine coolant, anyway?

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX
TDROC