Wiring Diagrams - 1968 Roadster

To: "'Datsun Roadster - Mail Link'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Diagrams - 1968 Roadster
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:13:34 -0600
I am in the middle of building my total harness system from scratch.  My old
harness has been "butchered" in some areas.  What I have found is that the
six fuse - fuse box diagram has been fairly true to the color coded wires on
my harness.  What I don't seem to have is the hazard light set up.  The
diagram shows what looks like two separate hazard lights or switches in the
middle of the diagram.  Is it possible this diagram covers more than one
year of the roadster?  The only other possibility I can think of is this was
an option item - very unlikely.

I have wired in the side marker lights but I think they only appeared on the
1969 model.  Also, I have not seen any fog light wiring on my old harness.
I have added these too.  I did not have an old harness to mark off where
exactly they split off from the main harness.  Can anyone give me a rough
measurement from say where each headlight wire set splits off?

This one may be easier.  The wiring diagram indicates a "headlamp relay
switch".  I suspect by deduction it is the high/low beam switch.  I believe
to PO put in a non roadster switch in its place.  I will check this out with
Mr. Chutney's (list) harness.  Is there a diagram of this item anywhere?

The final item to be identified is the one labelled "signal light switch".
I did see a reference, in brackets, on the right hand side of the diagram
next to the signal light switch.  However,  I don't know what this "signal
light switch" for and don't believe it exists on my old harness.  Can anyone
help me w/ this one?  Larry.