RE: 3.8 conversion, not as clean

To: "'Fergus OFarrell'" <FOFarrell@qtww.com>,
Subject: RE: 3.8 conversion, not as clean
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:02:58 -0500
That is the problem with using a stock GN motor - the turbo sits on top of
the motor and is way too tall.  I am replumbing the turbo to sit in the old
battery area.  With a NA motor the carb would fit under the hood is done
right.  Doing some wheeling and dealing and got the 4 barrel setup in
exchange for my 2 barrel setup for the turbo.  The guy even is including a
rebuilt Holley.  Seems he was going to fast and the NHRA sent him a 9 page
protest letter and making him go to a 2B.  And sense I have one of 2800 2B
pelums built for the turbo, he was a happy camper to get one - as I am to
get the stuff I want.

Rusty is down to the frame.  All the bolts broke holding the body on, except
for two.  Did not have to remove some - mounts rusted off.  The frame has
huge rust holes in it and will be cut up.  It will be nice go clean the shop
of all the old rusty/greasy stuff and start the rebuilding process!

Happy Roadstering!!

Great to hear about you guys going to Shasta!  Just a tad jealous - no - a
lot jealous!!

Phil
SEROC