Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:31:11 -0400
Don't bother heating the block as it has too much mass. Heat the bolt
instead with a lot of propane or mapp gas or better yet oxy-acetylene.

My stud puller did a great job in removing stuck studs but make sure all the
grease is off first. If you use large vice grips whack it with a hammer, a
heavy hammer and make sure it's clamped down as hard as you can get it.

I hate easyouts too because when they break, which is too often the case,
you can't drill out the stud or bolt. I have good easyouts, not that Chinese
crap, and they still broke.

Mike