Re: exhaust over rear axle-stupid question???!!!

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <christopher-dunn@home.com>,
Subject: Re: exhaust over rear axle-stupid question???!!!
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:56:54 -0400
Sid,

I agree. The shape of the Roadster's flanks do not lend itself to sidepipes.
The Corvette's doors and rockers were curved under not straight down like
the Roadster and side pipes were an OEM option on the 63-67 Vettes.

The Cobras had those flares in the rear and the rockers and doors also went
under the car too, to provide room for a side exhaust. I do believe all 427s
had side exhausts but the 289s didn't.

Ed, being a tin knocker, made a stainless cover for the glasspack but it was
fairly big to provide air circulation between the cover and the glasspack.
Too big for the car.

Mike