Re: Steering box swap out?

To: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Steering box swap out?
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:21:13 -0800
David & Candy Pina wrote:

> Good questions. So to put a 70 box in a 67.5 one needs the steering box,
> steering shaft with u joint, steering column support and idler arm. Are
> all these direct bolt ins? What about the idler box, the box on the
> other end of the tie rod?  As I understand it, the recirculating ball
> box is more precise,  and possibly faster ratio, is that correct? I am
> interested in putting a collapsible steering shaft in my race car that
> my son is driving too.
> David Pina

Yes, you are supposed to change the idler box with the steering box.  The go
as a pair.

BTW,  I bought a collapsible steering column (68 with ignition switch and
operable key)  the part from the steering wheel to the fire wall, off ebay a
while back and have decided not to use it.
If interested let me know off line.  It will cost is what I paid.  I will
have to look it up.
Bob