Race Car For Sale

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Car For Sale
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:30:29 -0700
It's time to sell my 2000 Roadster.  It is probably better to call her "a
Vintage Racing Kit" I bought the car in 1973.  She had been parked in the
previous owner's front yard for a year.  The year before that he blew up 3
motors in 3 consecutive races at Riverside.

After installing a motor from a junkyard, we went racing.  We raced her for
three years.  In 1976 we finished second in D Production in the San
Francisco region of the SCCA, only a pesky 912 beat us.

For the next year (1977), we switched to Formula Vee, and I sold her to a
cop about 3 towns away.  He rolled her at Turn 3 at Sears Point in driver's
school.  He ran her in 1977 and 1978.  He put a lot of money into her.
During the Enduro of 1978 his co-driver buddy ran her off Turn 5 at Sears
(who ever goes off at 5?).  She sat in his buddy's shop unrepaired for 2
years.
In 1993 I met the guy I sold her to in a gas station (Aren't you Ron?
Aren't you Dick?  Do you still have the racecar?  Yes.  Would you be
interested in selling it?)  Guess what, she was mine again.

Now after 7 years of in my garage I have figured out that I will never get
the time to race her again.

SO HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO RACE HER?

She is complete with tons of spares.  The RON said the motor dynoed at 234
HP (solexes).  She has a full cage, nice fiberglass set and all the trick
Datsun Comp stuff.  She is eligible for all vintage clubs.  I have repaired
most of the damage.  She needs:

--Fixing minor body dings
--Paint (it is ugly blue)
--Assembly
--Race tires
--Your time, effort and TLC

How much?  I'm not sure, but if you are a horse's ass, it will cost more.
Call me, Dick Ryan at:

--Home:  510/886-1581
--Work:   650/312-4022
--Email:  RRYAN@FRK.COM

The chassis # is SRL-311 08897.  I think that makes her a 1969.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
FAX (650)312-5830