Re: Cleaning out a gas tank question

To: mickth@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning out a gas tank question
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:25:53 EDT
mickth@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Hi Everyone,
   I'll be buying a 68 2000 within the next month, and the carbs have been
 completely re-worked by Ztherapy. It has been sitting for quite a while, so
 I wanted to take out the gas tank, and clean it out completely. Probably
 blow out some of the gas line also. Is there anything 'tricky' I need to
 know about taking the tank out? Anything special about cleaning it out? Just
 swish around some gas in it?

Get the tank cleaner and liner kit from eastwood for $34.99. I did my 1600
and don't feel I will ever have to worry again. If you are going to the
trouble to pull the tank do it right. When I start work again on the 2000 I
will also do that tank.
DAVE