Re: Carburetor tuning

To: Robin Krause <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetor tuning
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:35:34 -0700
Robin Krause wrote:

> Some friends at work are helping me tune my carbs and they want to hook up a
> mercury analyzer to synchronize them.  They can't figure out where they
> would be hooked up, so they want to drill a hole in each of the brown spacer
> thingies between the carbs and the manifold, then put nipples in there.
> Does anyone have any comments on whether this would work or if there is a
> better way?
>
> Is the listening through a hose technique less black magic than it sounds?

Sounds a bit of over engineering to me. You can use the hose technique
(its easy and really fairly accurate), or you can use one of a handful
of over the counter synchronizers, or you can use wires-in-the-piston
method used in the German made SU tool kits. All of these will get you
what you want without putting any holes in stuff. Personally I like the
wires-in-the-piston method myself.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher