Re: speaking of gas

To: "Stephan Sochoux" <sochoux@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speaking of gas
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:34:54 -0700
> Hello all,
>
> Shell, Chevron, mom&pop, etc.. same stuff ??
>
> I've been told it's all the same yet some people swear
> by a brand. What's the concensus on gas quality ?
>
> Stephan
> '69 2000

Hi Stephan... I've always been of the opinion that gas is gas,
and oil is oil.  But I've had a few tanks of, uhh, "PETROL" :-)
that were supposedly 92 octane that made my high compression
Hulk complain noisily.  I don't think it's so much an issue of
gas brand as it is gas station.  Or even gas truck, or gas day
or gas phase-o-tha-moon.

That aside, I imagine that for your extra 20¢/gal at a premium
station you might be less likely to encounter a bad tank of
gas.

Mom-n-pops - sorry to say, I'll keep driving till I find a
national brand.  No good reason for that, I s'pose I just
place more reliance on a store that says GAS (and snax) vs.
SNAX (and gas).

Kyle
'72 240Z - 8.3:1 - runs on anything
'71 PL521 - 9.6:1 - 92 octane or walk