Re: fuel pump and body work questions

To: "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump and body work questions
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:40:15 -0700
Mitch,

It is so easy to replace the oil seal rubber in your existing pump. It's
part number is 17048-13910 (after 67.5) (1600 or 2000) or 17048-56700 (pre
67.5). If it's the after 67.5 Kyosan pump, seals from every Nissan car up to
the early 80's used the SAME PUMP (The only difference is the arm length and
geometry. switch arms and voila!).  Don't hesitate to open up and learn your
fuel pump, It's a very simple device. replacing the 30+ year old main
diaphragm is also a good idea when you have it out and working on it. The
absolute best way is to have another pump that you can rebuild first and
then just do a swap. be sure to rebuild your old one cause an extra pump is
a good thing to have on-hand.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles