Re: fuel pump and body work questions

To: "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump and body work questions
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:30:41 -0500
Mitch-
I too was getting gas in the oil.  I just installed one of JC Whitneys pumps
several weeks ago.  So far it is working great.  I do not have a return fuel
line on my 67, so I chose an adjustable pressure bellows pump.  The pump
shuts off when the set pressure is reached instead of continuing to pulsate
like the small one sold at most auto parts stores do.  It is set at the
factory at 2.5 pounds, which I am using with no problems.  I think it set me
back about $45.  The pump quality appears very good.   Well worth it in my
opinion.  I placed it on the frame rail inline with the original fuel line.
I placed a filter before the pump and also put a clear Purolator filter
right before the carbs (to catch any scale from the lines and to verify I
have fuel at the carbs).

An easy install and a great investment IMO.
You can find it online at http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=14822

Nruff