Comp Suspension Vs. Regular Suspension

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Comp Suspension Vs. Regular Suspension
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:29:19 PDT
Hi Folks,

Gotta tell ya, now that I have driven my 70 which has been lowered with a
comp suspension, I can hardly wait to put that mod on my 67. While I know
some feel that a competition suspension is too harsh, I REALLY like the
feeling of being able to take turns at a higher rate of speed with more
confidence.

It really showed itself on a freeway onramp I take every morning to go to
work. It's a full 270 degree turn and it has two full lanes on it, so I
practice taking the best angle I can in and out of the turn. With my 67 with
standard suspension and stock rims and tires, I can take it at about 40 mph
before I start to get ancy. I am practically lying on the passenger seat if
I am going that fast.

In the 70, because I have lowered suspension with panasport wheels and much
bigger tires, I can take the same turn 5 mph faster. Better yet, I feel
there is room for improvement.

So I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for the performance. It really
does make a difference.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000
70 2000