Re:

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re:
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:01:03 -0700

> I think this product could have a significant impact on the Roadster body
> to achieve  greater stiffness, hopefully making the Roadster as stiff as my
> Miata.

While it *might* help a Roadster (or any other body-on-frame vehicle) a
bit, especially if it is injected into the frame, its real value is in
unibody cars, where the body *is* the frame. MG tested this stuff (or at
least something very much like it) in a MGB based Safety Concept car
about 25-30 years ago and reported a major increase in structural
rigidity of the MGB concept car vs a stock chassis. I tried several
times to find a supplier of this stuff over the intervening years and
was also very interested to read the article you refer to. I too await
its release to the general public as it is just what my 280ZX turbo
needs (or any hard driven Z or 510 for that matter). But I doubt it will
do much for a Roadster.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher