New head, same problem

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New head, same problem
From: "Dana Nojima (CBN)" <noji@mail.ahc.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:20:34 -0500 (CDT)
List,

I've replace the head with the valve seat that had dropped down.
Unfortunately the car is still not running correctly.  At about 3000rpm
the car stumbles.  This happens in all gears.  It comes up to 3000 without
any problem then it stumbles/backfires.  Potential problems are most
likely fuel or spark, so I've put in a new fuel filter, cleaned the
screens around the banjo fittings.  Made sure there was nothing blocking
the needles/seats and blew out the fuel line.  The spark seems fine at all
cylinders and all the plugs have the correct light brown color.

Something that doesn't seem correct at all is that there is
potentially antifreeze being puked out of the front set of carbs.

Becouse the car acted this way before I put on the new head, my guess is
that there isn't a problem with the new head gasket.

So what else is left?  What would a cracked block act like?

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Dana
     ___~@ \__       Dana Nojima