Re: Wobbly rear end

To: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>,
Subject: Re: Wobbly rear end
From: P or T <p-pie@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 21:11:07 -0400
Don,
 one solution to that problem is a Panhard Rod - essentially it runs
parallel to the axel, being fixed to the frame at one end, and attached
with a spherical rod end to the axel itself......if designed and built
right, it will be 'transparent' in everyday driving, as it should have
no effect whatsoever on the desired suspension movement, i.e.: up and
down.

Another (probably) cheaper solution (and definately easier) is to get
urethane bushings and spring pads to replace all the stock rubber in the
rear end - Fairlady has these, I think.

Pete Long
'68 2L Solex/KA24DE