Rear Main Seal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Main Seal
From: dwalsh@purplenet.net (Doug Walsh)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:49:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
I am in need of serious information/instructions on how to replace the
rear mail seal on a 70 2000.  I am very close to losing my clutch from
the oil that has leaked into the bellhousing.  I would like to replace
this myself.  Any place that there might be documentation?  Seems like
I had seen some somewhere...I just can't remember.  Are there any things
avoid?  What are the minimal replacement items?  As it stands...I plan
on replacing the oil pump...the clutch/throwout bearing, pressure plate...
locating the exhaust leak that I have....do I need to replace the fork
that moves the throwout bearing?  What is a good way to determine if the
fork needs replacing?  Anything else that I will/should replace at this
time...what gaskets will I need to replace?  I know that this is a lot...
but I would like to avoid getting stuck by something that could have been
easily avoided.
                                Thanks in Advance
                                Doug Walsh