Re: Cylinder numbering

To: pkort@cis.picker.com
Subject: Re: Cylinder numbering
From: Jsk977@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:32:42 EDT
Paul,

I stand corrected, checked with my Saab guru, owner of a Monte Carlo 850GT,
and he informed me that the 96 came both ways over its life, with the switch
to the 4 stroke V4 due to Saab's inability to make the 2stroke comply with
the new U.S. emmision regs in the late 60s.  The 2 cylinder was a Saab motor
that was standard in the model 92, distingushable from the 93 by the use of a
split windshield.  The 95 was only a station wagon and the model 97 was the
Sonnet sports car, which also  came with the 2 or 4 strokes motors, depending
on model year.

Jerry