Re: Space-saver spare

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Space-saver spare
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 99 11:18:50 CDT
Gary,

I pulled one out of TOYOTA CELICA.  14" size tires are original on
the Celica, and I did put the space saver on the car to check the
front brake caliper/lines cleared. Worked fine.

Any REAR WHEEL DRIVE Nissan or Toyota with at least 14" wheels on
the car should have the correct bolt pattern. Still I would recommend
putting it on, and spinning the tire to make sure you have enough
clearance.

Also it is handy to learn how to "pack" the spare tire space with
seldom used emergency items (I have a spare fuel pump, 6' fuel line,
heater line caps, throttle cable, duct tape, etc all packed into
the little room there is. It stays in the roadster, and if I need
to get to them, yes I have to unpack everything... but it will
be there when I need it.

Cheers,

Tom