Head Gasket???

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Head Gasket???
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:51:46 -0600
Hi,

I wanted to run this by the list before I go any further...

I've been reading all of the posts about coolant overflowing into the
recovery tank and spewing out from there, because I have the same problem.
I've had the radiator cleaned up (cleaned the tanks up, didn't need to be
re-cored), a new 180 degree thermostat, new upper and lower hoses, new
pressure cap (7 psi), and a new rad cap.  Still spewing.

Does this mean its the head gasket?  Do you test the head gasket by using a
compression checker?  I don't own one, should I go ahead and buy one, or is
there another way to test the head gasket?

A little background.  I've owned the car since 1984, but it's been garaged
for about 5 years.  Over the last 6 months, I got it running again, new
SU's, new Brake Master Cylinder, rebuilt Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders,
boiled out gas tank, etc.

Thanks for any and all input...Robert Long - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque, NM