Help!!

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help!!
From: Randy Christman <rcchristman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:35:42 -0700
I purchased my 68' 2000 a few months back. I have had some type of fuel
prob. from the begining. The car came with an electronic fuel pump. I
replaced it the stock mech. one. The car is running SU's.  I kept
fouling plugs. I replaced the floats, which were the brass ones, and one
of which looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. I replaced it
with the new plastic one. Adjusted the float level to what the manual
called for. It started up and ran great around my area. Took it through
the canyon three times and each time after about 3 miles it acts like it
is running out of fuel. It actually dies. I was able to nurse it with
the choke once or twice, but it still died. I stopped and restarted it
and it seemed to run fine the rest of the way home. It seemed to be
worst when i am going down hill, coasting, then give it gas. It's like
it does not like going down hill. (strange) It prefers to work the
uphill. I have replaced the fuel filter, pump, floats and
plugs.........any other suggestions before this bores me to death and i
end up selling it???

Thanks,

Randy
 68' 2000