Re: radio interference

To: raycole@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radio interference
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:25:35 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/99 6:53:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
raycole@mindspring.com writes:

<< Just had a new Kenwood radio/tape unit intalled in my 68 2000.

 On AM (only AM and only with the engine running) I am getting noise that
 increased with engine speed so it must be ignition related. >>

Did you check the ground to the radio? A poor ground can lead to a noise that
is rpm-dependent like yours. Just make sure it's connected to a large
grounded piece of BARE metal with a clean connector....If that doesn't help,
there might be a problem with the deck.

Van