66 2000 motor swap?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 66 2000 motor swap?
From: "Mark" <mruffcorn@ksni.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:13:13 -0500
Hey all!

    Thanks again Ken for all the photo updates from this w/end @ Shasta.
They really have gotten me motivated to get mine done for next year.

    My question lies in the swapping of a 2000 motor into a 66 shell.  I
just recently found out about a '66 that has supposedly been sitting in a
barn since '73 and has only 21K with the motor locked up!  I have my freshly
rebuilt 2L that I was planning on keeping in my 69.  If the '66 is near as
straight as it is said to be, it's a definite option as mine needs some rust
repair (floor pans, rockers and right front fender.
    Is this a direct bolt in?  It looks REALLY easy but I have never worked
on any low windshield cars.   Also are all other components transferable as
I just rebuilt the brakes all the way around excluding MC.  I also just had
the tank coated?  I really like the low windshield and flat dash-what other
options should I consider?  I apoligize for all the questions.  It's come up
all of a sudden and I need to make a quick, educated decision.

Thanks,
Nathan