Re: Rear spring question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear spring question
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 24 May 99 11:37:17 CDT
>A place in Portland OR called Solidor Pacific (I think that's what it
>was) used to sell UHMW (a relative of Polyethylene) in rolls that had
>adhesive on one side.

Checkout McMaster-Carr

htpp://www.mcmaster.com

FIND  UHMW
click "in our index"
About three sheets should pop up.

McMaster-Carr is pretty easy to deal with these days. Near impossible
to get a catalog from them, but there catalog is online if you know
what you are looking for. VISA/MC.

On the bottom of page 2926 is the Static-Dissipative UHMW. Advantage is it is
black in color, and UV resistant (shouldn't be an issue UNDER the car). A 1/8"
sheet 12" x 12" list for $4.46

How one goes about holding it in place is another matter. Trick for cutting
the stuff is a stiff metal edge and sharp razor knife on a cutting mat. You'll
go nuts trying to cut it with a pair of regular scissors. ;-)

Haven't used it for springs. The adhesive backed stuff you might find in a
FINE WOODWORKING STORE. Cabinet glides is the purpose, worth checking out.
There was a store in Portland Oregon that had the stuff. Keep in mind it will
be fine at a low temp, but above 100C (engine compartment) I wouldn't use it.
Springs are fine.

Cheers,

Tom Walter   '67 2000
Austin, TX   '68 2000