Re: 5 speeds and pushrod 2 liter questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 speeds and pushrod 2 liter questions
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Sat, 15 May 99 14:35:17 CDT
Jim,

The stroker R16 >> "R" 2000cc as you describe it sounds pretty good.

Only item I would add the vehicle is that LARGEST SIZE exhaust
pipe possible to keep the air flowing. Rest sounds like a decent
motor for you to have some fun with.

On the valve's: I assume they have a single grove. I would not
be surprised to find the tops and valve keepers to be non-datsun
parts, but something else.

The 5 speed gearing works fine with a "2000cc" OHV engine. Torque
is fine.

I kept teasing a fellow club member with the same engine (R16
fitted with machined U20 crank, U20 rods, and U20 pistons) by
calling his engine a "thumper". He finally asked why "Thumper"
but I really can not remember, except picturing a BIG rabbit
thumping his foot. Oh well.  I almost wonder if that was a race
masket of some sort, but I can still have an image of that rabbit.
Logo? Too many exhaust fumes over the years?

Cheers,

Tom