Re: Factory Fiberglass Hardtop

To: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com, robbpynes@continet.com
Subject: Re: Factory Fiberglass Hardtop
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:22:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/99 10:14:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com writes:

<< This hardtop looks really nice! Is this the same as (or the same shape
 as) the lightweight hardtop Van mentioned in his post? The only time I
 am /really/ jealous of Miata drivers is when I see one with that nice
 factory hardtop on. A good-looking hardtop like this would be the ideal
 setup - put it on for cold/wet weather driving in the winter, take it
 off and hang it from the garage ceiling for spring/summer/fall (in
 California, at least) driving. No hassles with a soft top, and increased
 storage space behind the seats. >>

Oh yeah that's right! Robb's got the high-windshield version of the super
smooth hard top (the car's looking damn nice BTW!). I don't know if it's the
EXACT same style as les' tho. Les has what I believe is the original factory
lightweight racing hard top, that I think was only available in japan. It's
made of only a few layers of fiberglass, and it will flex when you push on
it. It's super smooth tho, and has a really pronounced lip spoiler at the
end. It also sits on the metal rail instead of the body like most other
aftermarket US hard tops. Hmmm...someone needs to make molds off of les' top
for the low-windshields, and robb's for the high-windshields!

Van