Gary's hot water

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gary's hot water
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 21:03:34 -0700
Gary,
That only seems 10- 15 degrees warm to me- are you sure your temp gauge
is spot-on?  I'm running a 180 with a 1/16" bleeder hole, and tooling
around at low speeds, I see 170, while on the highway at up to 85, I see
180-185, on a cool day.  I've got a recored 3-row, too.
        180 seems to be about right for the t-stat. Maybe you got a bad
or mismarked one?  It's happened...
        Does the temp hold steady, or does it threaten to climb higher when you
work the car?  Where does your gauge read the water temp?  Mine's above
the t-stat, in
the 'filler' housing...
Toby