more dually heater valves

To: Mike Kerr <mikekerr@innercite.com>,
Subject: more dually heater valves
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 20:46:54 -0700
Mike Kerr wrote:

> the summer valve is to let water circulate though the manifold for
> preheating the intake, when you have the heater valve turned off in the
> summer.
>
> Mike Kerr

oh, well, that makes sense, too... the only car I took apart that had
the valve also had a botched bunch of hoses.
        I was under the (vague) impression that the preheat only happened when
the heater was on to prevent icing, theory being that if it wasn't cold
enough to need heat, it wasn't cold enuf to ice a carb...  which made
sense to me, as you want intake air as cool and dense as it can
reasonably be to increase the amount of O2 getting in (a la intercooler
on a turbo or nitrous oxide...)
Toby