curved-dash-olds

[CDO] Rear axle bearing removal 1900 - 1905" <curved-dash-olds.autox.tea

To: CDO List <curved-dash-olds@autox.team.net>
Subject: [CDO] Rear axle bearing removal 1900 - 1905" <curved-dash-olds.autox.team.net>
From: Roger Garnett <rwgarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:36:45 -0400

--001a113f92541f5c4e0537abdf3d

Can anyone describe how to remove the outside rear axle bearing? As seen in
the linked photos, I can easily remove the wheel, then pull a steel washer
and a fiber (felt?) washer from the end of the axle housing. That leaves a
brass washer or bushing slightly inset, and not wanting to pull out easily.

I believe there's a ball bearing in the end behind this bushing?, if I can
get it apart.

Would rather not have to disassemble to whole rear axle for this, which
involves removing it, and unscrewing the differential housing...

Photos at
Overview
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJIqogww1o_s781WM7WQ-GrPC4eBw

Closeup
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJIqogww1o_s780dlF2rLici3Ol-g

Roger

--
Roger Garnett
rwgarnett@gmail.com

--001a113f92541f5c4e0537abdf3d

le bearing? As
 seen in the linked photos, I can easily remove the wheel, then pull a
 steel washer and a fiber (felt?) washer from the end of the axle=20
housing. That leaves a brass washer or bushing slightly inset, and not=20
wanting to pull out easily. <br><br>I believe there&#39;s a ball bearing in=
 the end behind this bushing?, if I can get it apart. <br><br>Would rather =
not have to disassemble to whole rear axle for this, which involves removin=
Overview<br>
ollow">https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJIqogww1o_s781WM7WQ-GrPC4eBw</a></p>
martmail=3D"gmail_signature">Roger Garnett<br><a href=3D"mailto:rwgarnett@g=
mail.com" target=3D"_blank">rwgarnett@gmail.com</a></div>