Have I Made a Mistake?

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Have I Made a Mistake?
From: keith franck <kdfranck@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:51:31 -0800
  I need feedback on whether the use of teflon lined spherical rod ends
for a Lotus 41's suspension used for vintage racing is a good or bad
decision. The car came with them in '67 when we bought  it but they
didn't last a full season without having bits of teflon extruding out in
places. We replaced them at that time with all metal ones which
typically lasted at least several seasons. I recently was talked into
purchasing the new improved teflon ones by the racing expert at Aurora
Bearing. My question is everyone using the new teflon lined rod ends
without having to replace them every season?  How long do the they
typically last now? TIA.

Regards,
Keith

--