Re: Mark Bradakis

To: "Andres B. Sta. Maria" <abstamaria@syciplaw.com>,
Subject: Re: Mark Bradakis
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:48:36 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andres B. Sta. Maria" <abstamaria@syciplaw.com>

> I picked up an issue of a British sports car magazine while vacationing in
> Half Moon Bay, CA,  a week ago,

Home of Steve Valin, owner of several fine cars including a Europa.  Have
not heard from Steve for a while.

> and noted a two page spread on the wedding
> of one Mark Bradakis in a Spitfire  (and in shorts!).

Brad Kahler and Susan Hensley were the bride and groom.  Mark Bradakis was
not there, but I was.

This was at the Vintage Triumph Register national convention at Treasure
Island Resort near Red Wing Minnesota last July.  Brad sent me an Email
asking if it would be OK if they got married at the convention, and I
connected him with the appropriate officials.  I was the eventmaster for the
convention autocross, so I really was not in charge of weddings.  One of our
officials is a minister, so she performed the ceremony.  It was very nice.
The groom arrived in his white Spitfire.  The bride was driven to the alter
by her father in a red TR3 like the one he was forced to sell when Susan was
born.

Brad moved from Nebraska to Susan's place in Texas, so I sold him the 1962
Texas license plates from my 1962 TR4 to use on his 1962 TR4.

Mark is a member of VTR and was here in Minnesota for the 1998 convention,
but was unable to attend in 2002.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com

///
///  chapman-era@autox.team.net mailing list
///