Importing a Seven, UK to US

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net, lotus@se7ens.net, lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Importing a Seven, UK to US
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
I received the following message today, if you can
help him, please contact this gentleman at the email
indicated -- thanks!

John Pollard <jpollard@cisco.com> writes:

I'm an American living in the UK, due to go back in
another year or two.  One thing I've really got to
work out is how to get a seven home with me.  Here in
the UK, the best choice (for me) is a Caterham race
car with license plates.

The US strategy is different if I want to drive it on
the street.  I'm thinking that I could import an old
Series 2 Lotus due to the age.  Has anyone in your
club done this?  My understanding is that if it is
1965 or earlier, there's no problem.  Due to the kit
nature of these cars, the only issues I can think of
is whether they (the Feds) might think it's a new one
with doctored paperwork.

There are a couple of S2s for sale nearby...

///
///  chapman-era@autox.team.net mailing list
///