Sprite 948 Gearbox/Lotus Seven Question

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite 948 Gearbox/Lotus Seven Question
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:58:53 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all!

I've decided to try to correct the improper gearbox
mounting done by some previous owner in my S2 Lotus
Seven...

I'm hoping to do the work with engine/trans in situ,
but would like to get the shifter remote extention out
of the way. If I unbolt and pull this thing off the
gearbox and out of the way, will it go right back on,
or are there springs inside just waiting to spread it
all over my garage floor (been there...)?

The engine/trans is BMC 948, same as a Sprite if that
helps.

Thanks in advance!

John Donohoe
http://auctions.yahoo.com/