Re: Seven S2 13" wheels wanted

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Seven S2 13" wheels wanted
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:19:16 -0700
john donohoe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest where I might find a set of Lotus
> or Dunlop 3.5 or 4.5 inch x 13 or 15 inch steel
> wheels?
Lotus orig steel wheels, hubcaps, and trim rings
from Europa $600
philip.mitchel@baesystems.com

You can also occasionally find these on Ebay for less...

> The car I may be buying has wider 5.5 or 6.0 (?)
> "Custom Lotus" wheels with very low miles on BFG tires
> which I'm hoping to replace with something more like
> those originally on the car. Interested in the wider
> wheels? let me know.
>
> If anyone can narrow down what "original" may have
> been on 1962 Seven B1135 I'd love to hear from you as
> well!
It was a 4 inch? by 13 steel wheel.  Triumph Herald is
a good match.  The standard "dog bowl" hubcaps are the
same as an MGA.  Got mine from Moss...'Made in Taiwan'

> I Love those "wobbly web" wheels, but they're probably
> out of the question!
Believe those are being reproduced as well....

Steve Shipley